Motivation is an art. We can apply a rule of thumb, the motivation is to show appreciation and give rewards to the team, but beware! Each incentive works differently for different people. Thus, ‘how to keep your team motivated’ varies depending on the team structure.
How to Keep Your Team Motivated?
You definitely want success! And success can easily be achieved through concerted team efforts. But remember to keep your positively motivated all the time. Are you thinking of how to keep your team motivated? Here are very easy and important 20 secrets for you. Why not trying from today?
2. Always share the information that you have about the project. The team must know the project, the circumstances, and limitations. This can also lead to the team to take initiatives to make suggestions on ways to improve the project.
3. When facing any problem related to the project, the team is the best resource. You can take this opportunity and can keep your team motivated by sharing problems with the team. It encourages the participation to find ideas and alternative ways of solving the problem. Once they feel that the leader is also part of the team then it is easier for the team members to face the challenges of the project.
4. Discipline is important, but you must strive to maintain a friendly environment. People usually work better if they do not feel the breath of the head in his neck. Deadlines and commitments will be a challenge in such a way that team is proud of achieving them, instead of an imposed obligation incurred discussions and deferred actions if they are not met.
5. The projects are divided into phases, a good project manager motivates his team to point out the milestones of the project, and usually you can prepare a special celebration when reaching the milestones on time. Plan work in advance or prepare them within normal working hours. So the whole team can enjoy instead of worrying about other commitments. This is a great way on how to keep your team motivated.
6. Always you should show appreciation to members of your team, even small tasks must be completed with at least one THANK YOU. Remember, your associates can do more to seek such recognition future. To communicate, be humble, choose the words carefully; use more ‘we’ than ‘I’ to keep your team motivated.
7. Give positive feedback; mention of the successes, deficiencies and how the team can do better. Be a part of the team- you have to take responsibility for a failure and always complete the feedback with a positive note.
8. To keep your team motivated, have some celebration or informal time– go to dine with members of the team, talk about trivial topics including some related to the work and enjoy the time together. A free meal and well spent time for the team can motivate them greatly along with building relationship and bonding.
9.Listen to partners; give them space of time. You can also get fresh ideas that will help to improve policy and benefit the project.
10.When a member of the team exposes you a problem, take it positively, analyze, and try to find a better solution to bring the member back to the work wholeheartedly. This is to earn respect with actions and not words.
11. Not everyone can perform all the work. As a leader, it is up to you to choose the right person for the right job.
12. Eating together is a builder of relationships, have a light meal or snacks on computer desk when someone submitting any topic related to the work. Basically, it will kill two birds with one stone.
13. Allow the creativity of the team. The team’s productivity will increase if you give them a day where you can test new ideas, provided they have something to do with the project that concerns the team.
14. Consider having fun and humor at work to keep your team motivated. There may be some free time in a board game or something similar, can make team members enjoy the competition. This will help feel ease, take better responsibility and share ideas freely.
15. When ideas and feedback are shared, usually more introvert members tend to fall behind. Give these people the opportunity to come and speak, carefully listen and evaluate ideas on their merits. Be sure not to discourage participation.
16. During a discussion, if there is a point that needs to be clarified, find the time and be sure to ask the relevant clarifications. Misunderstandings can lead to large errors, and these can be detrimental to your team spirits. Try avoiding conflicts and resolving situations before they can damage equipment or people’s morals.
17. Brainstorming sessions is very important. These sessions, if well conducted, can produce great ideas, in addition to showing the collaborators that are taken into account.
18. Divide the project into parts so that you can give to collaborators achievable goals. So it will give you the freedom to do things in their own way, leaving them gain confidence and so do their best work.
19.It is important to show benefits for the team. There may be economic packages and other benefits as medical, vacation or something similar plans. This works great on your prospect of how to keep your team motivated.
20. Lastly, but not the least, consider the pyramid of Maslow’s needs. Not all have the same motivation and needs. While a certain incentive to work can work for a member of the team, and may not necessarily motivate others. Therefore, it is important for you to know your team members well. A need-hierarchy program can help you to calculate the best motivation and incentive for partners.
Are you still anxious on how to keep your team motivated? I hope- No. Practice the 20 secrets and remain consistent to keep your team motivated for greater success.